“We, the member countries of the g7+, believe fragile states are characterized and classified through the lens of the developed rather than through the eyes of the developing.” – g7+ Statement, 10 April 2010, Dili, Timor-Leste
The g7+’s current work priorities were agreed at the g7+ Ministerial meeting in Lomé, Togo, in May 2014.
- New Deal Implementation: Facilitating implementation of the New Deal and its principles at the country level by working with member countries, development partners and through designing policy guidelines
- Global policy and advocacy: Aiming at the proper reflection of g7+ contexts and priorities in the global development cooperation discourse
- Peer learning and cooperation: Greater focus on peer learning, through research, the creation of peer networks and other thematic work, and on mobilizing cooperation among the member countries under the F2F modality
- g7+ strengthening: The strengthening of the g7+ as a platform for promoting the interests of conflict-affected countries
- Post-2015: The integration of peacebuilding and statebuilding goals in the post-2015 development agenda and development cooperation architecture